|Non Gov. Funded||$4990|
This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, where required, a unit of competency will specify relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit.
Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the educational requirements for registration. Other conditions apply including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the Board as this is reviewed regularly.
Entry/ Admission Requirements
There are no entry requirements for this qualification according to the training package however, applicant will be required to successfully complete an ACSF language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment.
Learning at Level 3, Reading at Level 3, writing at level 3, and Communication at Level 3 and Numeracy at Level 3.
We allow up to 6 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and Education related to the Industry.
- Knowledge Test
- Skill Test
- Case Study
- Role play
FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
This course has been endorsed by the Australian National Training Authority and is registered on the Scope of Registration for Skill Solutions RTO number 22185.
This course is also accepted by the peak bodies in the finance industry and is also accepted by Australian Securities Investment Commission (ASIC) as the entry education requirement for Mortgage Brokers.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
This training may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth government funding
- Total number of units = 13
- 10 core units plus
- 3 elective units
The elective units must be relevant to the work outcome and meet local industry needs.
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC302 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC402 Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC404 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSBKG404* Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks*
- FNSBKG405* Establish and maintain a payroll system*
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- FNSACC303 Perform financial calculations