Overview and Rationale of the Program
This new Skill Solutions Mentoring Program is designed to be practical, educational and above all teach the new entrants to be above excellent Mortgage Brokers.
The goal of the mentor is to ensure that the new mentor is flooded with referrals and delivers sales. The new mentor will be a Mortgage Broker who is both respected and admired as a true professional. The new mentor will impact and make a difference to their client’s lives.
Goals of the Skill Solutions Mentoring Program
The goals of the program are very specific and hope to deliver the following:
- A Program that enables all New Entrants to become SUCCESSFUL Mortgage Brokers regardless of Aggregation models.
- A Program that delivers value for money – and does not create a barrier to entry for the new entrants.
- A Program that satisfies the Peak Bodies industry requirement of 2 years mentoring.
- A program that allows new entrants to become a member of any peak body in the Mortgage Industry with the minimum formal qualification of FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
- A program that facilitates work experience.
- A program that creates a virtual work environment.
- A program that gives hands on experience.
- A program that truly enables the new entrant to impact and make a difference to the client’s financial circumstance.
Mentoring Formal Lessons
- The Successful Broker 2/11/2016 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Transaction Terms 16/11/2016 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Security Guarantee Scenario 30/11/2016 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- The Appointment 14/12/2016 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- House and Land Packages / Off the Plan 25/01/2017- 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Start to Finish 8/02/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Marketing – My Plan 22/02/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- A complex investment scenario 8/03/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- The Conveyancing Process 22/03/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Getting the Business 5/04/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Growing the Business 26/04/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
- Other Loans and Evaluation – 10/05/2017 – 9:15am – 12:00pm
Skill Solutions provides 2 mentoring options:
- The whole 12 lesson package: $1200 + gst
- Individual lessons: $100 +gst per lesson
1. Must be 18 years of Age
2. Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Australian Resident
3. Must be willing to undergo a Police Check
4. Must be a non Bankrupt
5. Must have a commitment for a professional work ethic
6. Must commit to completing mundane office activities to complete follow up and lodgment duties
7. Must be able to commit to lessons and dates
8. Must be prepared to join an Aggregator
9. Must be prepared to sign an agreement with a Mentor
10. Must show competency in the following areas:
- Must complete a Literacy and Numeracy test
- Excellent communication skills
- Must complete an IT capability test
- Clear commitment to offering customer service and care to clients
- Must have financial viability